Access Plastics Limited distributes the ORAFOL range of Sign Vinyl designed specifically for plotter cut applications. Whatever market and application needs you may have, when it comes to plotter materials, ORAFOL is sure to have the right solution for you.
We offer more than 30 different products; all designed to match specific applications and requested durability requirements. The range goes from high-end top quality product solutions for extreme conditions, to more price-effective options and even reflective plotter films. It’s your choice and it all depends on your needs and requirements. ORAFOL products offer the right quality, durability and versatility whatever the need.
What is Sign Vinyl?
For colours, you name it – we got it. In the range of cast vinyl we offer one of the largest colour ranges in the market, with over 100 different standard colours for several product lines, including both glossy and matt options. Should you require a special colour to be matched which is not in our standard range, our flexible manufacturing process enables us to supply this as well.
Whether for outdoor, indoor, permanent or temporary, the ORAFOL plotter materials enable both design creativity and the ability to meet customers’ specific requirements in any industry. The materials are easy to weed and offer the best quality and value regardless of substrate, application method or duration requirements. The vast range of adhesives means that materials are available for application onto most suitable surfaces. We have materials to suit every need and environment.
Plotter cut vehicle graphics for construction vehicles and heavy goods vehicles need to withstand extreme conditions. On the other hand, temporary indoor graphics need to be easily removable. We have a product to suit both these extremes – and everything in between.
Application examples include solutions for a wide range of exterior as well as interior applications, all kinds of graphics and decals, backlit/illuminated displays such as lightboxes, stencils and engraved graphics.
Sign Vinyl Application Benefits
- Easy to cut and weed
- Plots easily on all commercially available plotter cutters.
- Application onto different substrates (aluminium, steel, glass, glass-like surfaces, plastics, banner material, floors)
- Product options for uneven and corrugated surfaces as well as over rivers and corrugations
- Easy removability
Sign Vinyl Product Benefits
- Gloss as well as matt surface finish options
- Long, medium, and short term durability product options
- Wide range of adhesives – products available for temporary and permanent application onto most surfaces
- Excellent release liner offering perfect plotter cutting and weeding
- Performance matched ORATAPE® application tape for each ORACAL® plotter film
Sign Vinyl Application Information
Also available in the range is the ORATAPE® application tape for easy transfer and application of die-cut and computer cut films, symbols and letters.
It is important to note that users of Orafol vinyl should ensure that surfaces to which the material will be applied must be thoroughly cleaned from dust, grease or any contamination which could affect the adhesion of the material. Freshly lacquered or painted surfaces should be allowed to dry for at least three weeks and to completely cure respectively.
The compatibility of selected lacquers and paints should be tested by the user, prior to application of the material. Furthermore, the application information published by ORAFOL should always be considered.
Oracal 641 Series Economy
The 641 Series is a 75 micron calendered soft PVC film available in gloss and matt colours. It has a permanent polyacrylate adhesive with a silicone coated release paper. This light blue silicone paper helps to form stronger contrast for lettering.
- Used on plotter cutting systems for the production of short and medium term markings.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor exposure.
- Up to 4 years service life under vertical exposure on black and white (3 years all other colours)
- Indoor applications have unlimited exposure
- B1 flame retardent to test DIN 4102.
Oracal 651 Series Intermediate
The Oracal 651 series is a 70 micron special PVC film with a gloss surface. It has a solvent polyacrylate permanent adhesive with a silicone coated release paper. As with the 641 series the White film has a light blue silicone paper which assists in forming a stronger contrast for lettering.
- Used on plotter cutting systems for the production of medium term markings
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Service life of up to 5 years for outdoor markings under vertical exposure on black and white (4 years on all other colours)
- Indoor applications have unlimited exposure.
- B1 flame retardent according to DIN4102 on steel surfaces.
Oracal 638 Series Wall Art
The Oracal 638 series is an 80 micron soft PVC Matt film suitable for inner walls. It has an easy removable polyacrylate adhesive with a silicone coated release paper. It is recommended to use Oratape LT 52 and LT 95 application tapes when applying the 638 series.
- For markings, inscriptions and decorations on inner walls
- Can be easily cut on plotter systems.
- Suitable for indoor applications only.
Oracal 751 Series Cast Vinyl
The Oracal 751 series is a 55 micron Cast PVC film with outstanding dimensional stability and optimal cutting and converting characteristics. It has a high gloss surface finish and is also available in matt Black & White.
- For ease of use on cutting plotter systems for lettering, marking and decoration with the highest requirements for durability and solidity.
- Mainly used for high quality vehicle and public transport systems advertising.
- Excellent conformability over rivets and corrugations
- Very low shrinkage compared to monomeric and polymeric vinyls
- Service life of up to 8 years for black and white, 7 years for colours and metallics up to 5 years.
Oracal 951 Series Premium Cast & Metallic Premium Cast
The Oracal 951 series is a 50 micron high performance Cast PVC film with outstanding dimensional stability and optimal cutting and converting characteristics. It has a high gloss finish and is also available in matt Black & White.
- For ease of use on cutting plotter systems for lettering, marking and decoration with extreme requirements for durability and solidity.
- Mainly used for high quality vehicle and public transport system advertising.
- Excellent conformability over rivets and corrugations.
- Very low shrinkage compared to monomeric and polymeric vinyl.
- Service life of up to 10 years for black and white; other colours up to 8 years.